Wednesday, November 23, 2005

How much is too much?

I went to a meeting tonight for about an hour. John stayed with Gabby. She cried and cried because I was gone. I know I spend too much time with her but it is so hard to be away from her! John would love to spend more time with her but I don't give him a chance. When I returned home tonight she was so clingy! She kept falling asleep in my arms but woke up and cried every time I tried to put her in the crib. So now, after about two hours of that, John is finished his assignment for his Masters and is taking a turn and rocking her to sleep again. I know what she is waiting for. She wants to go to bed with me! She hasn't slept in her crib for quite some time now. I think that after the holidays I will try to day ween her and feed her expressed milk plus try to get away for short periods of time so that she is not so dependent on me. I have to go back to work in April and I don't think she will be ready for it unless I start making some changes. I never meant for her to be so clingy but I am just not willing to let her cry it out. Look at that face, could you listen to her cry? I thought not!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does she lick every bowl? It looks like she is almost ready for a haircut. It is really growing.
I would not be able to let her cry either but I think I possibly could share her with her father. Dont be too hard on yourself Mama...no kid has ever suffered because they got too much love....smother her in kisses for me and Uncle R...xoxo